The book begins with an overview of the clinical characteristics of the many diseases causing dementia. How the signs of dementia can be recognized. An important chapter of this book informs caregivers on how to understand behavior problems and how to devise care that minimizes or prevents them.
This study guide provides:
1. Common problems in the everyday life of a dementia patient
2. Assessment of a dementia patient
3. How to plan for the end of life care for a dementia patient
4. Helping families
5. Designing activities for dementia patients
6. Management of behavioral problems